Once upon a time in an ancient land far far away there lived a people that were descended from Noah. Yes the very same Noah that built the Ark and went through the flood. As you will recall Noah had three sons, Shem, Ham and Japeth or as they are known in Hebrew; Shem, Ham and Yefet. (Note: until about 1300 AD there was no such letter as "J").
After the flood Noah's three sons had many children and after about 500 years there were many people populating the area of the Middle East. In the area that today is called Iraq but in ancient times called Shinar (Genesis 11:2) there lived many of the descendents of Ham, one of them being quite well known whose name was Nimrod. (Genesis 10:8) Nimrod was the first mighty ruler and builder of many cities. Two of his well known cities were Babylon and Ninevah. He was married to Semiramis and they had a son Tammuz.
When Nimrod was killed (some historical accounts say by Shem, who was still alive at the time and who was keeping covenant with Yahweh) Semiramis knew that she had to do something to stay in power. She convinced the people that Nimrod had been a supernatural being; a god, and that he was reborn/reincarnated into their son, Tammuz.
The people wanted to believe in a god and had forgotten the Creator God, Yahweh, so they became followers of Tammuz. Down through the centuries Tammuz became known as many different names, including Ba'al, the god whom the Israelites often worshiped against Yahweh's warnings. All pagan gods are descended from Tammuz including all of the Greek, Indian, Chinese and Roman gods. All pagan goddesses are descended from Semiramis who declared herself a god since she was the mother of a god.
Every pagan religion on the earth today has at its beginning the story of Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz. Semiramis started the Mystery Babylon religion and created many of the traditions, celebrations and idols that we see around us today. Some of them include:
This Mystery Babylon religion was still going full force in the Babylon of Nebuchadnezzar's time. When Nebuchadnezzar took Jerusalem and the people of that area into captivity they were taught this religion. It became known as the Babylonian Talmud. About 500 years prior to Yahshua (Jesus) this Babylonian Talmud was begun to be written down. Prior to that is was oral tradition. It took a full 1000 years, to 500 A.D. to be finalized. This was the tradition that Yahshua spoke so strongly against - these traditions of men. The Babylonian Talmud is a collection of 63 large volumes of writings by the Rabbi's/teachers of Judaism. This is the bible of the Jewish religion.
- Goddess, Mary and Mother & Child worship - which all stem from goddess worship & mother of god worship. All pagan goddesses have statues or scenes drawn showing them holding an infant who is a god. This tradition has continued into Christianity with Mary and Jesus.
- Christmas traditions - including tree decorating, exchanging of gifts, lighting candles, yule logs, wreaths and the celebration of a pagan gods birth. The Romans changed the festival of the sun gods birth whose roots were Tammuz to the celebration of our Savior who was not even born on December 25th. (See Christmas page for more information). All pagan gods were "born" on December 25th.
- Easter traditions - including eggs and bunnies for fertility, sunrise church services and more. (See Easter page for more information).
- Church traditions - including the saying of mass, clothing worn by priests, the office of the pope (which is named after Roman Caesars who were worshiped as gods), the round host, the "Lord's Supper" and more. Having a pastor, priest, teacher stand up in front of an assembly and talk for 30 - 45 minutes is based in this pagan Mystery Babylon religion.
- Saint worship which is taken directly from the worshiping of many gods, one for each type of problem you might have. Many of the saints were lined up directly with their pagan counterpart so that the pagans would adopt the new Roman state religion of Christianity.
- Signs and symbols. We are directly told by Yahweh to have no graven image yet many have statues of saints or pieces of relics that they hold holy. Prayer beads, statues, pieces of stone, crosses worn as jewelry and many more just like them were used by the pagans to commune with and ask for favor from their many gods.
- The cross - crosses were used in ancient Babylon and down through the ages. The T that the cross stands for is for Tammuz. You will find crosses in ancient Egyptian tombs long before our Savior was born. It has been used by religions all over the globe including China, India and Africa. The Greeks depicted crosses on the headband of their god corresponding to Tammuz of Babylon. When Alexander the Great went to battle in 335 B.C. signs of the cross were carried by his troops. The Catholic Encyclopedia states, " the sign of the cross, represented in its simplest form by a crossing of two lines at right angles, greatly antedates, in both the East and the West, the introduction of Christianity. It goes back to a very remote period of human civilization." Lastly we don't even know what type of stake our Savior died upon. The Greek word which we get cross from is "stauros" which means upright stake or post. Could this be one more thing the Romans did to bring paganism and Christianity together as the state religion of the time?
These are just a few of the main issues I wanted to bring to light. Some of these I will go into greater detail on pages of their own. This information is out there for all to find and verify if you search for it.
Religion as we see it today is man made. Much of what we practice today in the Christian religion is there because it was planted by those who want to destroy true Israel. It is made in the image of what men want it to be and it is far from what Yahweh set down in His Word. It behooves us all to search for the truth. In the page "Keeping Torah" I will address some of what Yahweh told His followers. You will see that it contradicts everything that is religion today. If you study this out you will see that this was a planned attack on Israel by the Jewish leaders set down in their own doctrine in order to destroy us.
I will also address that many are told by their church leaders that there is no need to follow Torah and that when the Savior came he did away with Torah and we are under "grace" now. Here is something in Messiah's own words on that matter. He is teaching the Sermon on the Mount and in the middle of His teaching he pauses and says the following in Matthew 5:17 - 19, "Don't think that I have come to abolish the Torah and the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Yes indeed! I tell you that until heaven and earth pass away, not so much as a yud or a stroke will pass from the Torah - not until everything that must happen has happened. So whoever disobeys the least of these commands and teaches others to do so will be called the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But whoever obeys them and so teaches will be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven."
As you can clearly see from His own words the Torah will be in place until the Kingdom of Heaven is here. Since it obviously is not here then we are to still keep Torah.
Most of what we know as religion today is based on that long ago Mystery Babylon religion. Most church folks will get real mad about that statement but truth is truth and it's not my truth, it's just the plain truth. Research it for yourself. I've put some solid resources on the resources page.
That's why, in Revelation 18:4 we are told to come out of her. This Mystery Babylon is the same Mystery Babylon religion of Nimrod, Semiramis and Tammuz' time. The only thing that's changed are the names.
Our family came out of the organized church because of the pagan practices. Because He says to do so in His Word. Because He has hated it for thousands upon thousands of years.
You can call a pile of garbage anything you want but it's still a pile of garbage and should be thrown out.